THE WORLD IS MINE – Author Unknown(TKS CK)

Author Topic
refinnej
FFP Poet Laureate

USA
5283 Posts

Posted – 12/10/2012 :  6:58:07 PM | refinnej’s Poems

Today, upon a bus, I saw a very beautiful woman And wished I were as beautiful. When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle.She had one leg and used a crutch. But as she passed, she had a smile. Oh,God, forgive me when I whine. I have two legs; the world is mine.
I stopped to buy some candy. The lad who sold it had such charm. I talked with him, he seemed so glad. If I were late, it’d do no harm. And as I left, he said to me, “I thank you, you’ve been so kind. It’s nice to talk with folks like you. You see,” he said, “I’m blind.” Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I have two eyes; the world is mine. Later while walking down the street, I saw a child I knew. He stood and watched the others play, but he did not know what to do. I stopped a moment and then I said, “Why don’t you join them dear?” He looked ahead without a word. I forgot, he couldn’t hear. Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I have two ears; the world is mine. With feet to take me where I’d go.. With eyes to see the sunset’s glow. With ears to hear what I’d know. Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I’ve been blessed indeed, the world is mine.
If this poem makes you feel thankful, just forward it to your friends. After
all, it’s just a simple reminder that we have so much to be thankful for!

9 Responses to “THE WORLD IS MINE – Author Unknown(TKS CK)”

1. Andrea says:

CK – you should send this to Black lives matter.

Andrea that really is true and laughing just thinking about that one! Anyway, my cousin sent me this and glad Buzzy passed it along…timeless.:D

Here is the first sentence that is missing: “Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. Give the gift of love. It never comes back empty. I have been truly blessed with AWESOME FRIENDS!” God never fails!:D

2. David Oliver says:

YES !! “Thankfulness” And “Others First” Two of the MOST unpopular
    Conceptual choices of our USA Society members today…

However, here is a NEAT reminder of the historical
    figure, Tim Tebow, NOW STILL currently under Effective
    NFL QB Blackball by the NFL Owners / News Media Elite:

ESPN’s Joe Schad: Tim Tebow Is Best College QB of All Time
    By Michael Morris | September 14, 2015 | 11:05 AM EDT

Here’s a strong piece from Brandi. It’s not just our imaginations; the NFL really is migrating to the gutter.

• brandi says:

Thanks Sage (& Andrea). So glad you liked it. 🙂

It has been so frustrating the past few years…really since Roger Goodell became Commissioner…trying to figure out what the NFL has been thinking. To me, it began when the league sent threatening letters to Churches over hosting gatherings to watch the Super Bowl. Who does that? Risks infuriating literally 100 million people here and potentially billions around the world for what amounts to free marketing for their league? The excuse was Trademark Rights. But c’mon. That’s weak at best and something no other Sports League has ever come close to doing.

Since then it has seemed like time after time the NFL has made the absolute worst decisions imaginable. Decisions that infuriated many for basically no good reason. Decisions, just like the threatening Churches gambit, they’ve often found themselves having to backtrack from.

Then of course there’s Tim Tebow. The Player the NFL needed at precisely the time in its history when having him would benefit them most. Expanding the Fan Base and overall popularity in the US, providing some buffer for all of the scandal-ridden Players and Teams and a true International SuperStar who could accomplish what the NFL tried for decades and couldn’t accomplish. Making the NFL popular and relevant around the World. And doing all of this while delivering one of the most impressive Single Season Performances by a Quarterback in NFL History, leading the Broncos to a truly historic Season that was among the record makers.

It was the kind of serendipity Pro Sports Leagues experience once or twice in their history if they’re lucky.

And the NFL did everything in its power to completely destroy it. Eventually it just started looking like they were stirring things up on purpose. And it appears I’m not the only one who saw thinks that.

4. Andrea says:

Great article by Brandi. The article was probably written before the LATEST Peyton Manning scandal.

5. Jennifer says:

THIS POEM IS MINE!! SOMEONE STOLE IT FROM ME AND POSTED IT HERE.

Buzzy Says : If it is yours then you should have posted your name to It.