JANUARY 20, 2016

DANNY COX

Tim Tebow hasn’t played a down in the NFL since he was with the New York Jets in 2012. He spent some preseason time with the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles, but never made it into the regular season with them. Rumors have persisted that he would be signed by another team, but it has yet to happen. Now, they’re starting up again and Tebow is reportedly connected to the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers.

Now, Tebow is an NFL analyst, college football commentator, and host for numerous daytime talk shows and events. Still, he has the talent, youth, and ability to contribute to a team in the NFL, and could likely help out a few of them as well.

The Gospel Herald reports that there are two teams out there which are already giving Tim Tebow some looks and could bring him for at least training camp. If the talk ends up being true, then the Cowboys are going in two different directions in their reported interests in Tebow and Johnny Manziel.

2015 was a season of complete disappointment for the Cowboys and 49ers alike. Dallas suffered injury after injury and ended up in last place in the NFC East. Tony Romo missed almost the entire season and Dez Bryant was right there with him.

image: http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/dallas-cowboys-rumors-tony-romo-tim-tebow.jpg

dallas cowboys rumors tony romo tim tebow

Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty Images

Tony Romo suffered two serious collarbone injuries in 2015 and he’s not getting any younger. It’s obvious that the Cowboys don’t currently have his replacement on the roster as Brandon Weeden has come and gone while Matt Cassel and Kellen Moore could do no better.

The Cowboys could very well draft a quarterback in April, and he could learn behind Romo for a few years. After a 4-12 record though, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has let it be known that everyone on the team will be evaluated and no one is totally safe, per ESPN.

Even Tony Romo knows that changes need to be made and the draft could be where the Cowboys do that.

“We’re going to evaluate everybody and the organization is going to look at who to take and they’re going to take the best player. If the best player there is a quarterback, then that’s what our team needs. Our team needs good players. That’s what we need. And if it’s the best player at a different position … I’m just obviously a player on the football team and I don’t have to make those decisions, and I’m glad. My job is go out and get better and make sure this team wins next year. And I’m going to do everything in my power to ensure that.”

The San Francisco 49ers didn’t do much better in 2015 as they finished with a 5-11 record and saw a change in quarterback as well. Blaine Gabbert appears to be their starter going forward and Colin Kaepernick may not even be on the team at all next season.

Now, it’s not entirely surprising that the Niners would look at Tim Tebow because the loss of Kaepernick means they want to bring in another quarterback similar to him in style. Not only that, former Eagles coach Chip Kelly now guides the 49ers and he liked Tebow in the past, but the quarterback position was simply overstocked in Philly.

image: http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/dallas-cowboys-rumors-tim-tebow-49ers-eagles.jpg

dallas cowboys rumors tim tebow 49ers eagles

Photo by Rich Schultz /Getty Images

Doug Pederson was just hired as the new head coach of the Eagles, and Tim Tebow is rumored to not be so interested in returning to the team. It’s obvious that Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez didn’t do what needed to be done for success, and Philadelphia is liking looking at quarterbacks too.

The San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys both need to make some big-time changes in the offseason, and a starting quarterback could be the beginning. Well, a good back-up wouldn’t hurt either. Tim Tebow is happy doing what he’s doing, but he would love to return to the field and play again.

37 Responses to “DALLAS COWBOYS RUMORS: TIM TEBOW COULD BE SIGNED AFTER REJECTING PHILADELPHIA EAGLES OFFER”

1. Andrea says:

16 to 24 inches of snow forecast for my area in Maryland. Hopefully the power will stay on so I can still look at the computer. If not , I hope to return to the Tebow Zone ASAP.

2. TheMascotArmy says:

I’d love him on Dallas or San Fran, but I think it might just be their turn to keep him from breaking record in Canada

You might have a point there b/c it seems they still have an agenda where he is concerned; i.e., passing around in order to circumnavigate opportunities so he will at least be disappointed so much so (including fans) to just say “ENOUGH” and wouldn’t put it past the deceptive NFL power brokers either!:(
      Well imo they don’t know how determined Tebow happens to be along w/his loyal fan base…”God has not given us the spirit of fear…”

3. lex says:

hoping one of these ‘rumors’ re tim turns out to be true.

4. Bubbaelvis says:

I don’t know about these rumors and they are probably just that- rumors. However, I am optimistic going into the next season that Tim will get another shot. He looked good in preseason. No one can deny he is greatly improved. He moved the offense every time he played. It depends on if he even wants to play. I haven’t seen much about him working out with Coach House or throwing at all. There are several teams needing a starting QB or a backup and the draft class in fairly weak. If some coach would model their offense after the Panthers and bring in Tim, they would be highly successful. I have the feeling he will make it onto a team this year.

5. lex says:

Bubbaelvis: from your mouth to God’s ears…

6. David says:

You won’t believe the conversation they are having on NFL dot com about how awesome Kaepernick will be in Kelly’s offense as a dual threat QB. Three current defensive coordinators just endorsed Tim Tebow’s style of play in Kelly’s offense. Tebow scored more often passing and rushing than both Kaepernick and Bradford. Maybe he is too tough for the NFL and they all know it.

“In his latest NFL Notebook, NFL Media’s Albert Breer relayed quotes from a trio of defensive coaches dreading the prospect of Kaepernick as a dual-threat quarterback in Kelly’s read-option offense.

Every game, all season

“I think [Kaepernick] is a good enough passer, but obviously what’ll be a nightmare is his ability to run,” on defensive coordinator said. “That offense is straight ‘Freddy Krueger’ when you have a quarterback that can pull the ball and run at any given time.”

Kelly’s offense stalled out the last two years in Philadelphia because he didn’t have a quarterback with the dynamic athleticism to pull off the second part of the zone read.

“The fact that Kap can make guys miss and get in the open field, they didn’t have that last year at all in Philly,” another defensive coordinator said. “We treated [Sam] Bradford like he was under center. There was zero threat of him running the ball. We told our guys, ‘Don’t treat him like he’s in the shotgun, he’s never gonna pull the ball.’

“Bradford’s limitations as a runner factored into DeMarco Murray’s disappointing season as one of free agency’s biggest flops.”

Kaepernick has scored 25 times in his best season and Bradford scored 22 times. Tim Tebow scored 34 times in his first 16 games of playing time. This might explain why they were afraid to see Tim Tebow play a second season. Kelly cut the highest scoring player on his team and the only dual threat QB in Philly. If Kelly continues his poor decision making, he will be starting Gabbert this year and coaching in college next year.

7. David Oliver says:

IF that happens – why does he not go to the CFL to learn how to coach- where he recommended Tim Tebow go to learn how to play football?

What goes around can come around – with Justice!

Always glad when people post here.

Mascot, how much do you think it disadvantaged Tebow in 2011 to have to play against former teammate Orton (K.C.) and recent former coach McDaniels (playoffs). Without knowing much about it, I’d guess a good deal. I wonder what theafro would say.

• TheMascotArmy says:

I think playing against McDaniels was a huge disadvantage. There was a bit of controversy over that signing if you remember, and they were timing snaps perfectly that game, as if they knew something.
      I’ve kindof given up Twitter a bit since new years because it was a huge time sink, so I’m not as up on my 6’5withthefro stuff as I used to be 🙂

Twitter wasn’t good for my peace of mind. But I do go back from time to time to read certain speakers.

IMO, what Twitter is good for is to make it very easy for certain luminaries to publish thoughts. It’s much easier for them to tweet than to blog or to host a web page. Instead of following a blog that seldom updates, we can at least see occasional tweets from thinkers we admire.

Yet for those of us who aren’t famous or influential, trying to spar on Twitter is probably a vain exercise. It’s nice we can post some idle thoughts here.

Thanks Buzzy.

Buzzy Says : For what

Sage is thanking u Buzzy for keeping the site going and not being sarcastic as u might suspect.:) Have thanked u too and had a moment when I kept getting deleted about going elsewhere only Tisa stated what needed to be said and she has a lot of wisdom also, like Sage and the rest of the posters who are admirable jmo (even if they are not really known except online, but consider them friends who will encourage you when u go through some “bumps in the road”…apologize for rambling as I know it’s obvious we the faithful are more than appreciative that we get to vent somewhere w/out being bombarded w/critics who are misguided/outspoken, but clearly in the minority when it comes to TEBOW!!!)
            Also, wanted to say thank-you for all the prayers too…know God heard and answered too! Not taking health for granted and started on changing what is possible through a challenging dietary program that a family member introduced and so far so good as there are benefits. No, am not trying to sell this and just thought I would pass along the info. God bless and stay healthy!:) That goes without saying for Tawk2!

• TheMascotArmy says:

I really like Twitter, it’s like a personalized news feed of people whose opinions you appreciate, but it’s endless, and I didn’t want to ignore my family. Playing on the phone while around your family doesn’t count as quality time 🙂

Andrea, I hope you’re safe and warm.

Since childhood I’ve learned to be skeptical of weather experts (just as much as NFL draft experts). They were predicting 30″ of snow for D.C., so I’ve been expecting about 3 mm. Perhaps my estimate is to the low side. But I’d like to hear what people in your area experience.

It’s typical these days for journ-o-lists to publish alarmist articles about what might happen, which eventually does not.

Well, good luck.

10. Bubbaelvis says:

We always knew this. This makes it even more of a mystery as to why Chip cut Tim, unless he actually wanted out of Philly. Tim adds even more then Kaepernick. He like Cam can run designed QB runs in addition to the read option. He throws the ball as good or better then Keapernick. I don’t think Keapernick, Cam, or Tim can beat you sitting back in the pocket all game long. Where they beat you is with ability to escape pressure, forcing teams to load the box and thus open up the passing game. It also gives the offensive line a plus one advantage on the zone run. A coach would be wise to sign Tim. Forget looking for the next Tom Brady. How many QB’s are actually winning games from a pocket passing game? Someone please wake up and sign Tebow.

11. Andrea says:

12:00 P.M. on Saturday and thank goodness the power is still on at my house. I usually agree with you Sage about weather forecasters but I am afraid they hit this one on the money. It hasn’t stopped snowing since 6:P.M. Friday night and right now the snow is coming down in buckets. Supposed to stop Sunday morning so I will be all Sunday and Monday shoveling out.

Go Cardinals !!!!

When you shovel, lift with your legs.

If you have a yardstick available, I’d love to hear the snow depth when it’s all over.

Happy to hear your power is still on…be careful w/all that shoveling business too. Thoughts and prayers go out to all the folks in “Blizzard Country”…Florida is not much warmer as we are going to be in the mid 30’s tonight and the wind chill is freezing to below!:(
      Andrea, agree on Cardinals too!:)

12. Andrea says:

Received 25 inches of snow in my little part of the earth. Power stayed on throughout the storm. Time to shovel out.

Something tells me my back will be killing me on Monday.

Hope Tawk2 is doing alright – she may he gotten more snow than I did.

Shovel using your legs, Andrea. That way it’s just good exercise.

14. Andrea says:

Thanks for the advice Sage. Happily I have completed all of my shoveling . Shoveled 15 minutes- 2 hour break. Did this 3 times and I’m done !!!

I believe I heard on the news 3 or 4 people have died shoveling the snow yesterday and today.

Andrea: Smart to pace yourself as we are not “spring chickens” anymore and find that to be the way to go from here on out unless u want to experience a possible relapse regarding new and unexpected health issues (will not pressure myself to try to do everything at once that is for sure) which would not be good in any case…stay healthy and thank God u didn’t lose electricity!
      Btw that is a lot of snow! Also, too bad “pizza maker” is on to another disaster in the making, haha!

• Pamelot says:

Glad you are safe, warm and connected with new and improved snow-shoveling skills. 🙂

Did u see that video of the 101-year-old man shoveling and putting everyone to shame? Had to laugh at the “new and improved snow shoveling skills”!:)
        Made me appreciate FL.

15. Andrea says:

After Super Bowl 50 ” Pizza Maker” will be compared to General George Armstrong Custer

• Bigfan says:

He is better known in the league as “The Sheriff”.

Have to look that up…can only imagine, lol!

Update: John Gruden coined the phrase when he was talking to Cam Newton about “PM aka Pizza Maker” which strikes me as kinda funny too! Besides, Cam Newton received a “second chance” after what happened at UF and now look where he is at…think Tebow deserves more than that imho.

As in “Custer’s last stand” and u made me laugh regarding “pizza maker”…
      good one, Andrea…smile!

Buzzy Says : Well this is PM last chance to get even with his brother But it a lot of Pressure and He willl drop the ball if his record holds true.

16. bubbaelvis says:

I am not a fan of Denver or Carolina but I will still watch the Super bowl. What would be great is if Cam can take it to the Bronco’s defense and pull of a big win. Elway would then see what he would have had with Tim in terms of a great duel threat QB. Tim had 32 TD’s for Denver as a “flawed” passer. He had 19 passing and 13 rushing. Cam had a great year with 35 TD’s passing and 10 rushing. Tim played 5 fewer games so he probably would have a few more. Plus Cam has been in this offense 5 years. No telling what Tim could have done if they would have stuck with him. Hopefully, the light bulb will go off in some GM’s or Coach’s head that Cam’s success can be duplicated by Tim Tebow. They are very similar in the way they play the QB position.

Buzzys Says : Cam was Tims Backup at Fl the first year Tim was thier Starter.