Chargers – 31 Jags – 25

Not even If Released

BB Leads the NFL in INTs.

Dont You Wish You Wish You Had Tim Tebow About Now. (Bet Elway Does)

How That working For You Davie.

Buzzy Says Its Too late in the Season for T2 to learn a Play Book except the Eagles.

10 Responses to “Chargers – 31 Jags – 25”

1. jp says:

Unbelievable phil still has a chance..they wont sieze it withTT. JACKSON IN PURGATORY WITH BB..THEY COULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS DALLAS MIRED IN A FOUR YEAR SINK HOLE

2. Danny says:

Ever since “Even if he’s released” parted from the lips of David Caldwell, the Jags have won at a 28% clip.

Since Bortles joined the Jags, the win % has even been a more anemic 26%.

Currently Bortles is working on a 7 game INT streak!

Five trips into the RZ today, 1 TD to show for it.

If Bortles is a franchise QB like some say, shouldn’t he be able to throw a fade pass?

His INT wasn’t a pick 6, but it did result in a TD. Almost as bad, the only difference is that the Chargers had to work for it a little.

Bortles career TD/INT ratio is about 1:1 – 33/30.

Tebow was more like 3/1 TD’s to INT’s, including rushes.

And yet the insanity continues.

3. Andrea says:

Glad to hear the Patriots lost last night.

I awake to see the mainstream media mocking Tebow over the demise of the relationship with Olivia Culp.

Typical Hollywood trash. Imagine no sex for two whole months!!!

Maybe she should go to the neighborhood dog pound.

Seems like Olivia is a female dog.

4. Andrea says:

Mainstream media is having a field day over Tebow today. Until Tebow learns that to the Hollywood trash he is hanging with there is no difference between a man and a fish, horse, dog, etc, he will be constantly mocked and made fun of. Values are for fools to these people.

5. Danny says:

The zone read is alive and well in the CFL.

Sunday’s Grey Cup championship game was quite entertaining as Edmonton won against Ottawa in a very close game, 26-20.

Mike Reilly, the Edmonton QB, ran zone read A LOT during the game. He was quite effective and forced the defense to cover a lot of options. He also had 3 really nice runs at the end of the game to kill the remainder of the clock.

Tebow is better at the zone read than Reilly, but I was impressed with what Reilly did.

The other QB, Henry Burris is a long time veteran of the CFL, he’s 40 years old. He ran some zone read, but he’s smaller than Reilly so he didn’t run it as much as he wasn’t a threat to run.

Tebow and Reilly are the same height, Tebow has 15 pounds on him, also a couple of years younger.

Reilly was voted as the game MVP, well deserved. The commentators were all gushing over Reilly saying that he was the toughest QB in the league.

I would definitely say that Reilly and Tebow play pretty much the same game. They are both big, strong and mobile. Perhaps that’s why I really enjoyed seeing Reilly play.

I wanted to see the game yesterday to see for myself the style and quality of play in the CFL. Tebow could certainly play in this league, start, do very well and be effective.

Tebow has looked at the CFL earlier this year I believe before deciding not to and then signing with the Eagles. I don’t know if Tim is looking at the CFL as an option or if he is still exploring his NFL options, if there are any to consider. Whatever Tim decides to do, I’ll support him whatever he does. He would certainly put the CFL on the map if he signed.

Thanks, Danny. All I want to do is watch Tebow play football. CFL would be great as far as I’m concerned.

• Anto says:

Maybe next year, if he doesn’t get any offers in the NFL, he’ll give the CFL a go. Honestly, I can’t see him being taken up by anyone else.

He’s pretty much reached the point where, if he actually DOES want to play again, it’s going to have to be in a second-tier league for a bit.

6. Bubbaelvis says:

It is a crime that he is not in the NFL. Most of the QB play has been horrible this year. You can’t tell me he isn’t a better option then at least half the QB’s now playing. He had as good a preseason as Tyrod Taylor and other guys that are now starting. I would love to hear Chip Kelly tell us honestly why he didn’t keep him. Anyway, I think Chip saying what he did put the nail in the NFL coffin for Tim. If he still wants to play the CFL would be a good showcase for him. I don’t think there is any shame in going there and playing. Unlike others that went and we never heard from them, he would elevate the league to new levels. They would get NFL like ratings in games he played. The NFL would come calling and he could tell them, “sorry, you are not good enough”.

7. Danny says:

I read where the CFL is trying to make a huge global push to get some popularity. It’s been estimated that there were 10M people watching the game Sunday. On twitter the hashtag Grey Cup got used 100K. CFL seemed pretty happy with that; of course the numbers dwarf the NFL for now but they are one Tebow away from changing all that.

Sage: I would be VERY happy to see Tebow play again as well. Perhaps he makes the jump next spring. CFL training camps begin the end of May, season starts the end of June.

Anto: I think with the bigger field the CFL plays football on, it requires the players who play in the league to be a lot more athletic in general than its NFL counterparts. It’s easy to say the comparisons between the NFL/CFL are first/second tier, but in reality it’s more complicated than that.

Bubbaelvis: For the life of me, I can’t figure out why Tebow isn’t on an NFL roster. Chip signs him, he steadily improves over training camp, earns a roster spot and then he gets cut. He clearly beat Barkley out but he sits on the AZ roster and Tim is on the outside looking in. Well, I guess that goes to show everyone that it isn’t always merit or talent that earns a roster spot. I would agree that the CFL would be a good showcase for him, and he may end up liking it there and would prefer it to the NFL. CFL’s gain if that’s the case.

8. Danny says:

Just an FYI, Montreal owns the rights to Tebow. They would get first dibs unless Montreal trades it away.