Eagles-39 Green Bay-26 final

Sanchez   from EG4   8 play  TD + FG 2&3s

Barklley   from EG40  3 play&out   punt 2,3&4s

Barkley   from  EG30 3& plays out  punt 3&4s

Barkley from EG20  5 plays Punt 3&4s

Tebow from 20 7 plays  punt  3&4

Tebow from 20 6 plays took a knee 4s

35 Responses to “Eagles-39 Green Bay-26 final”

Buzzy: Can’t watch on NFL Channel b/c they everything but this game…UGH!
    Where ru watching? Do u still have that link? Thanks.

Anyone with eyes on the game? Feel free to say what you see. Thanks.

Tough for Tim to miss 2. No one in NFL has higher percentage of 2 pointers in regular season.

• David says:

Tebow is 2 of 3 in the regular season. Kelly knows and has said that 2 point conversions are low percentage plays compared to point after kicks and he’ll be going for one point. The only time you would go for 2 is when you need it to win late in the game or if it will get your team within 3 points so you can tie with a field goal on the next drive. It’s a positive that Kelly is using Tebow to run them because that is a special teams position that he is more suited for than anyone else on the team. The blocking was awful and there was a bad snap on the passing play. The preseason is just a good time to practice running the plays.

3. lex says:

does not sound too favorable for tim, does it?

4. henry says:

Well, my observations so far as usual tebow gets inacurate snaps which throws off the plays time.

Henry: Wonder how much of that is orchestrated for someone’s benefit…hmmm! Sure did not think Barkley was on it and imo Sanchez is devious enough!!!

5. Cartman says:

One moment NFL.com has Tim go 3 for 3 and a TD, then the info is gone. What happened?
    Listen live http://player.radio.com/listen/station/sportsradio-94wip

Doesn’t make sense…I’m off to listen to the radio.

• Cartman says:

Yeah I think someone was playing a joke on the faithful. It was there, and then deleted. I got excited for a minute but it was a gag. I can’t imagine that happening in any other game with any other player.

7. Cartman says:

If there’s any trouble with the direct link to listen to the game, click on “Listen Live” on the right side of the Eagle’s home page.

Everything the media says is noise. ESP’s speculations aren’t much more informed than those that you and I can make.

It’s possible they’ve practiced 2 point plays in the last week, but they weren’t doing so during the first 2 weeks of preseason. Coming in cold on critcial plays is probably not a good way for Tim or any other quarterback to make a living.

Sage: According to Coach Kelly, it was done just for the experience factor and not projected to be rated…ESP couldn’t wait to get that news out there…how snarky can u get?!!

8. lex says:

Sage- I sure hope the news take-a-way on Tim is not too negative in the a.m.

If you get NFL Redzone then you can see the game intermittently…happened to turn to it and it is on right now!:)

10. Cartman says:

Oh Lord, near fumble.
    I have the sinking feeling the dream is slipping away.

He stole it back. Not that anyone recognizes the significance of that.

Well, the good news is he is going to get a lot of playing time in the 4th preseason game and IT IS ON TV!!! They are talking about Matt Barkley and Tebow and states that Barkley has nothing to add to the team while Tebow does…and there you have it!

Oh, and Kelly is getting ready to have a post game interview coming up shortly…stay tuned!

Ooops…meant to say “state” instead of…

Well, I just read that the final 53 roster is taking shape on August 31st by 6:00 p.m. and, hopefully, Tebow is on it so he can be in the final preseason game plus! GO TEBOW!!! Then on Sept. 1st they pick their 8 person practice squad. Will be praying for Tebow to make it!!!:D

Thursday, Sept. 3rd, at 7:00 p.m. playing the Jets on NBC. Pulling for Tebow to dominate and WIN!!!

12. Danny says:

Some quick stats here:

Hope I got this right, had to manually scan play by play to get this:

Tebow vs. Barkley stats:

Tebow 2/2 15 yards; total offense generated 55 yards in about 10 minutes of football (7:02 total offense possession under Tebow); 2 first downs

Barkley 5/9 28 yards; total offense generated 29 yards in about 20 minutes of football (4:36 total offense possession under Barkley); 1 first down

As the competition between the two quarterbacks will get decided soon it’s hard to say how it shakes out. Tebow had a real chance to impress with the two point conversions. A straight run up the middle on the first attempt out of the shotgun wasn’t too imaginative but he almost made it anyway, just inches short. I don’t think that Chip was going to show his hand what he has in mind for the regular season.

Based on these stats, Tebow had more production in less time than Barkley. At the very least, very consistent.

I think that Kevin Mongangai really likes Tebow; he’s racked up quite a bit of rushing yards playing with TT. Mongangai tied Murray for the leading rusher in the game.

• Cartman says:

Well if anyone might want the numbers broken down like that and analyzed I think it would be Chip Kelly. So hopefully he takes note.

I know everyone here, myself included, would like to Tim to make the team and (well at least I want this) to start next year. But I worry about how Kelly and the Eagles coaches view things. And I can’t help but get distressed at times. He’s playing with guys who won’t be on the team in a few days, and is doing no worse than many other QBs in the league that will make their teams, but Tebow is held to a higher standard — unfairly — and I get the feeling he needs to blow it out and make the fourth stringers look like starters to lock up a roster spot. Hopefully it’s just me being a pessimist and all will be well.

• Danny says:

I agree with you Cartman; it seems that there is a LOT of scrutiny (unfairly) when Tebow is playing. He’s just playing his game. I was OK with what he did in two offensive possessions. I just took a look at Buzzy’s rundown of possessions and Tebow ran 13 plays to Barkley’s 11. Barkley had two 3 and out’s in his first two possessions, which can’t look good. Barkley had a lot more opportunities tonight than Tebow but just couldn’t take advantage of it.

I just think that TT still makes it…and if Kelly decides the experiment isn’t working, I think Barkley would still be available to sign. Even if he’s not, there’s a lot of QB’s with similar talent that the Eagles could sign. Keep in mind too that the Eagles have been trying to move Barkley for some time.

Thanks, Danny. The numbers aren’t bad for garbage time.

When Tim is in, the announcers are typically so unenthusiastic that it’s very easy to get discouraged. The Eagles radio broadcasters said of Tim’s first possession that it was highly unproductive. Jeez, like they’ve never seen a 3-and-out before.

When one is objective about Tim, there is usually something to feel good about.

Sometimes, it is hard to soar like an EAGLE when you are surrounded by
    TURKEYS!!!

14. David says:

Tim Tebow has thrown 10 of 19 for 52.6% and Barkley has thrown 23 of 43 for 53.4%. Barkley has more yards but threw an interception.
    In practice Tebow has 1 interception and Barkley has 5.
    The announcers said that Barkley’s footwork was not under control in the game so I guess he had happy feet. Mayock got historical and cited Tebow’s 47% completion percentage and said you can’t get a job in the NFL with that but he failed to mention that he won the AFC West with it. Then he said he wouldn’t allow Tebow in the weight room referring to his muscularity. Then he pointed out the size of Tebow’s legs. Mayock has a lot to say about Tebow and not much of it is good. Then his partner brought up that he should play tight end. It was the usual media template. I’m sure you will hear it all again on Thursday.
    Today, 3 of the linemen and 2 receivers were cut among the 12 player released. This means that Tebow will be playing with better players in the next game. The first string will probably sit, so it will be the 2s and 3s the whole game Thursday night at 7PM. I forgot what I was going to say so I’ll sign off now. Go Tebow!

David: Like what you noticed about Mayock always being negative and when he stated that about the weight room biz, that is sheer nonsense b/c that is how you keep from getting banged up and able to get the ball back after fumbles!!! Hope to see Tebow putting the Jets in their place…LOSING, HA, HA!!!