Tebow Should End NFL Comeback

Warren Moon

Tebow Should End NFL Comeback

… Focus on TV

1/31/2015 2:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

013115_warren_moon_launch
Tim Tebow needs to move on from the NFL … and STOP trying to get back in the league — so says Hall of Famer Warren Moon who tells TMZ Sports Tim should focus on his real future, TV hosting.

Despite the fact he hasn’t played in an NFL game since 2012, Tebow has made it clear he still wants to pursue his dream of playing QB in the NFL … and has been training hard in case the phone rings.

But Moon says he’s a big fan of what Tebow’s been doing OFF the field as an analyst for ESPN and as a correspondent for “Good Morning America” … and seems to think he has a brighter future without pads.

And if that doesn’t work out, there’s  always golf

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

22 Responses to “Tebow Should End NFL Comeback”

Once professional football started to embrace the low-life Hollywood retrobates – it opened the door to all the scum and vermin associated with it.

TMZ is a fine example.

All I know is that football had a more positive image when I was growing up in the 50’s,60’s and 70’s.

• brandi says:

The top reporting on the NFL last year was on PBS, “League of Denial”. This past year it was TMZ with the Ray Rice Video. What they have in common is it took a Non-Sports Media outlet to do it, even though “League of Denial” was two ESPN Reporters. The Network wouldn’t carry the documentary.

The biggest story in College Football hasn’t been carried by anyone. That’s the NCAA washing its hands of Major College Football, the Penn State ugliness being the nastiest example.

While the people running Football and the people covering it run as far away from its most damaging problems as fast as they can, the Game itself now is in such bad shape even the NFL’s Chief Marketer acknowledges the Game’s status as #1 in the US is in jeopardy.

EVERY Nero fiddled while Football burned and now it’s burning to the ground and it was all ignored for so long we are only now hitting the point of people talking about how bad things are and who to blame for it. By the time we get to the what can be done to turn things around stage, Football’s fate may already be sealed. It’s too expensive and comes with too much liability to survive as a minor sport. And might have too much baggage to stay a major one.

Just my luck – an ice storm is here and I cannot go to see American Sniper.

I “googled ” Tim Tebow’s name and there is an unbelievably great article and You Tube video on how Tim Tebow and his mom’s SuperBowl ad in 2010 stopped a woman from getting an abortion. You get to see the four year old girl.

The article is in TownHall, Gospel Herald and the Christian Examiner.

I’ll bet you a deflated football that this article and video never shows up in the mainstream media.

Sorry, Buzzy I do not how to post it or to provide a link.

• brandi says:

It is all over Twitter.

On a separate note though. To show the “value” of what/who the Mainstream Media touts or doesn’t. According to Repucom, only 37% of Americans have any awareness at all of Russell Wilson.

3. brandi says:

Speaking of Twitter. Tim Tebow has more Twitter Followers than the Denver Broncos, New York jets and New England Patriots COMBINED. He has more than 16 Times as many as the Jacksonville Jaguars. And 50 Times as many as Jaguars Quarterback Blake Bortles.

So tired of these Tebow haters, I think this man needs to get a life and quit using Tim to make the news! All Tim has ever done is give his heart and soul on the field and off!

That is an amazing story about the baby being saved from the mom watching Tim and his mom in that great commercial!

I am trying to keep an open mind about Tim landing on a NFL team, but if he is not invited to the free agent workout, then I will not know what to think, except that he truly was blackballed by the NFL!

I am so sorry the Seahawks did not win, I did not want the cheatriots to win again. I wonder if they have been cheating this whole time in different ways, and have been only caught twice. My belief once a cheater always a cheater!

I did not watch, but seen it on MSN who won. I hope everyone is having a great weekend, I am still recovering I have a long road ahead of me, it’s nice to know I have a wonderful place to come to support Tim and each other!

Bless you all!

Hi tawk2! Have to agree w/u and Andrea about being disappointed that the wrong team won…should have been the Sea Hawks as they were up by more than enough points to win and if they hadn’t thrown an interception in the last few minutes…UGH!:( Did not watch all only commercials at times and still boycotting only someone kept turning the channel back to the game!
      There was one play that was a gift and everyone thought he did not catch the ball as he was on the ground and the ball landed on him!!! Now, that
      was amazing as even Brady shook his head when he saw the Sea Hawks actually caught it inches away from the goal line at the last few seconds too!!!

Keep hanging in their tawk2 and happy you are doing lots better. Praying God wraps his arms of encouragement/comfort around about you… God bless you too!:) And, yes, appreciate how blessed we are on this site due to Buzzy and Co./”T2’S FOLLOWERS” WHO B-E-L-I-E-V-E!!! 🙂

Thanks ck, for all your support! I too keep believing that Tim will find a way, I just miss watching him on the field so much excitement and energy and emotion! Hopefully 2015 will bring us all the news we have been wanting to hear, and Tim finally finds his true home in the NFL where they build around and believe in him.

Thanks again to you and to everyone else here!

5. David says:

Tebow scored 34 times in 13 plays and 15.5 games.
    Wilson scored 26 times this year.
    Brady scored 33 times this year.
    Tebow scored 19 passing TDs in 374 attempts with 9 ints with 15 rushing scores, 937 yds rushing
    Moon scored 12 passing TDs in 452 attempts with 14 ints with 1 rushing TD in his first 16 games.
    Moon has no business criticizing Tebow who is much more productive passing and running at this point in his career. Moon only scored more times than Tebow once in his career with 35 scores in 1990. Tebow broke NFL passing and rushing records in his first 16 games. If Moon deserved a second year as a starter, Tebow certainly did.
    Breaking down those passing numbers, Tebow threw a TD every 19.6 attempts and 9.3 completions.
    Moon threw a TD every 37.5 attempts and 21.58 completions.
    Tebow scored more than twice as often with the pass. Moon needs to shut his mouth. This is not the first time he has dissed Tebow publicly.

• brandi says:

Sports Illustrated & Cold Hard Football Facts are better at using statistics in a way that actually matters in real Football Games. They’ve been saying since the “Miracle Run” in Denver that where it matters most, Tim Tebow is one of the better NFL Starting Quarterbacks and the only time he isn’t one of the very best, is when he lets turnovers start coming.

Yet the small band of hyper-vocal nobodies…including many NFL GMs and much NFL Media…pay no attention.

The Denver Broncos told “anyone who would listen” (Ian Rappaport’s description of it) at the Combines that the Jets blew it and they would have Won Games if they had given Tim the Ball and let him lead them as he did in Denver.

Yet NONE of that same crowd, INCLUDING the nothing from the neck up but ego GMs who looked in awe at the Broncos listened to them.

The real cowards here are NFL Owners and the PigSheep NFL Media who forget who their real customers are. And it’s NOT sucking GM buttcracks.

Some hacks say “Tebow doesn’t have it” and the vocal

I am also sorry the cheaters won. I also did not watch the game.

Hopefully the TV numbers for this SuperBowl will tank.

Russell Wilson blew the game big time. Why throw a pass on the one yard line when your running back has three chances to score?

Andrea: My thoughts exactly! Excellent post impo.:) He certainly did not have to throw an interception and could have ran it in…hmmmm! They were winning and then threw that away…it was not a runaway score like what happened to the DONKEYS and they were sweating bullets on this team as the Sea Hawks should have one!!! Maybe Belicheat found another way to bend the rules and paid off the officials!!! Lot of money riding on those bets!

oops, probably should be “run” instead of run. Oh well.

Now, they are saying that the coach called the play b/c he did not want a certain player earning MVP instead of Wilson…looks like it obviously backfired!!! What a mess and guess the ratings surpassed the previous SB which probably is due to people like watching a “TRAIN WRECK” IN ACTION!
        O’Reilly had an interesting take on it b/c The Patriot’s at that point did not expect to win the SB and were surprised at the outcome…so never stop
        thinking positive is what he basically stated.

I agree with you both, I did not watch the game but taped it for my hubby who had to work, he wanted to see the commercials. I believe that the refs can be paid off or possibly have money riding on the outcome of any game played, but it’s so hard to prove! I also, agree if Wilson passed the ball instead of trying to have it run in then he or who ever called the play really messed up!

Looks like everybody is coming down hard on Russell Wilson.

On the other hand the cheaters Brady and Billicheat may get away with ” I have no idea what happened to the footballs” whining defense.

Even though Brady and Bellicheat brags to everyone that they are the experts.

I expected this from Brady – after all – when the nation was attacked on 9/11 the 24 year old Brady stayed home with the children and the womenfolk.

Some hero – unfortunately some of my gender think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Our nation is doomed.

Well, Andrea, is sure is suspect and have to agree w/u on being doomed as it seems everything is now in reverse order when it comes to the rules and right vs wrong!:(

8. Shaztah says:

Just another fine example of NFL role models LOL! Wasn’t Sapp one of the main ones to criticize Tim?

I saw that about Sapp and he is a commentator too!!! Looks like while he was in Phoenix to cover the game, they exposed his sideline!