WATCH: Ex-Jets quarterback Tim Tebow makes a fan cry (in a good way)

NCAA Football: Texas A&M at South Carolina
Former Jets quarterback Tim Tebow is working as an SEC analyst for ESPN. (Jeremy Brevard | USA TODAY Sports)

Kevin Manahan | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Kevin Manahan | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com The Star-Ledger
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on November 22, 2014 at 6:41 PM, updated November 22, 2014 at 6:42 PM

While waiting for an NFL team to admit the entire league was wrong about him and offer him a roster spot as a backup quarterback, Tim Tebow is earning a living as a college football analyst for ESPN.

Even though he isn’t in shoulder pads and Tebowing after touchdowns, he hasn’t lost his popularity with some fans.

When two women appeared on the set of “SEC Nation” in Knoxville, Tenn., on Saturday, holding a sign that read, “We’re only here for Tebow,” the former Jets quarterback brought one of them a piece of cake.

And then gave her a hug.

She immediately went to pieces.

No word on whether she ate the cake or is having it preserved. Watch for it on eBay

16 Responses to “WATCH: Ex-Jets quarterback Tim Tebow makes a fan cry (in a good way)”

He is always doing nice things for others and that is why he has such CLASS!!

2. Sherri says:

BIG inside sources close to the Tebow camp are reporting that he’s strongly considering both The League and A11fl.

I’m hearing The League is offering up to $1 billion, but he’s leaning towards the A11 as it’s the more established entity.

Keep you posted!

3. Sam says:

And where did you hear this?

Probably Jason or someone trolling. Still, any optimistic rumors are always fine by me.

• KingSolomon says:

The entire “League” is not even worth one billion and it extremely doubtful anyone could or would offer him that. I wish Tim would play too, but I have serious doubts about him agreeing to play anywhere but the NFL. I hope I am wrong and I guess anything is possible, but…….

• Sherri says:

No trolling hear chum, Brandi has stated many times her ability to offer Tim over $1 billion. But his Sexton is pushing him towards A11, as they’ll be playing games first.

• KingSolomon says:

I love Brandi’s passion, but I doubt the league or A11 could pay him 10 million, let alone 1 billion. The biggest sports contract in history was just paid in baseball and that was 325 million over 10-15 years. I suppose if they gave Tim a team to own outright and the League prospered, that might be worth 1 billion, but only the elite NFL teams are worth that much. Trust me—I would watch him play anywhere, but these seems questionable.

4. DeLVen says:

I wish it were true. I doubt that anyone is willing to pay $1 billion dollars. Troll getting a laugh.

Think we are being played…hmmmmmmmmm! When it happens, it will be all over the place and that is not an IF either!!

6. Sherri says:

Here’s what Brandi had to say about her offer to Tim:

“OK, a subject that is important to many, annoying to some. One, Timothy Tebow.

First, we have not contacted Tim or Jimmy Sexton…yet. But we will be doing so soon. Tim will be like every Player as it relates to any offer. The League has a hard Salary Cap for Players…currently set at $2 Million. It also will not be offering any Player contracts for less than two years. There are bonuses and incentives that every Player, including Tim Tebow would receive. Among these are ties back to merchandizing and the use of Players names and images. We have a formula for making certain Players…and Coaches…benefit from what comes down to the Marketing of them. It’s a combination formula that includes an overall pool distributed equally and has individual partitions. A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

But there’s also something else that is offered to all Players and Coaches, etc. Support for their Charities/Causes.

This particularly comes into play for someone like Tim Tebow who is so committed to his charitable endeavors. I’m not aware of any other Player of any major stature who followed in Tim’s footsteps of giving away his entire NFL Signing Bonus to Charity. But there are more Players than it may appear who do care deeply about more than their own self-absorption. I think it’s fair to say that there will be no other Pro Sports League that can and will offer more in terms of support for Players’ Charitable causes.

Our offer to Tim Tebow will make that point loud and clear.”

Tim’s camp is taking this very seriously as they love what Brandi’s group is doing with charities around the globe. Brandi’s Illumine Project is bringing over one billion good jobs to people around the world.