Tim Tebow vs. Dak Prescott (Tks LAC )

During his Monday press conference, Alabama head coach Nick Saban discussed the quarterback he is facing this weekend, Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott.

Prescott has drawn comparisons to Tim Tebow – in large part due to how Dan Mullen uses him in MSU’s offense – and Saban acknowledged that, with a caveat.

“Dak Prescott is a very talented guy in a lot of ways. He’s a big, physical runner and kind of reminds you of Tebow in a lot of ways, but he’s also a very, very good passer,” he said.

Is that the case?

And in case you’re wondering how Tebow played against Alabama…he completed 35-of-58 passes (.603) for 486 yards with four touchdowns to one interception. He also rushed for 148 yards and another score.

But, you know, whatever.

…and while Saban may not like Tebow or think he’s a good passer, one Alabama resident and Tide fan apparently shares a different opinion.

View image on Twitter
Kimberly Moss @Tidepride247 Follow

@openingdrive Wonder why in gettin so much hate for my #Tebow car tag?? Love Tebow and the Tide! #HatersGonnaHate

22 Responses to “Tim Tebow vs. Dak Prescott (Tks LAC )”

Can someone school me on SEC history? I had been under the impression that Saban and Tebow were close and respectful, despite the failure to recruit him to Alabama.

People can always get screwy, but too bad that Saban needed to kick Tebow when he is “down” as far as the QB career.

Sage: It does seem somewhat odd for someone who was only too willing to recruit him and then lost out to UF instead to now cave for reasons not unknown. Seems that T2’s “UNLIMITED” success in whatever he does might not sit well w/others who are facing limited options in life. Tebow has always had a HUGE platform and as a result is able to directly influence positive outcomes as a ‘LEADER” which are evident no matter what obstacles are thrown his way!!! (Defer to your observations/wisdom in the matter.)

Yes, Tebow happens to be loved for all the “RIGHT REASONS” by many; i.e., “MILLIONS EVERYWHERE” GOD BLESS TEBOW!!!

3. Bubbaelvis says:

I think we should cut Saban some slack. I do believe he has great respect and admiration for Tim. The comment he made was to compliment Dak Prescott by comparing him to a guy that he sees as a great QB. I don’t feel like he meant to imply anything negative about Tebow. His wording was just a little awkward and included a compliment about Dak’s passing which is a sensitive subject to all us Tebow fans that have heard all the bashing before. In Saban’s mind, he was giving Prescott a great compliment in putting him in the same category as Tebow.

4. jason says:

Tebow cult members just love their whine over tebow. LMFAO!!!!
    Stop your whine.
    Buzzy Says : I guess you dont want to be here anymore this is the Tebowzone you should be somewhat Tim Tebow , Please do not pick on other users.

My brother called and told me the 96 million dollar man lost to the St. Louis Rams.

Since it is apparent now that no Super Bowl wins will be in the Bronco’s future – my thoughts turn to the 96 million dollar man.

Does he feel any shame or embarrassment for taking all this money and not delivering even once?

Will he be a man and return any of the 96 million dollars he swindled out of the Broncos?

I wonder how the Denver Bronco fan base is reacting to Sir Peyton Manning since they fell for this fraud of a QB ?

Since Sage lives near Denver maybe she can give the scoop on how these fair weathered fans are reacting.

Buzzy Says :The point is that Peyton Manning has become a game manager. If you ask him to direct an offense and disperse the ball to other players, he looks like Peyton Manning. If you ask him to throw it anymore than 35 times a game, he turns into Kyle Orton. Make no mistake, unless drastic changes are made to bolster the running game, they are going to get Kyle Orton.

Hi Andrea,

Today on the radio after the game I did hear some criticism, and also read some (limited) criticism by Broncos fans on-line. Naturally the radio hosts cling to the party line and act like criticism of Manning is absurd. (They’ve reached the point where they can’t even acknowledge Tebow was an asset to the Broncos.)

Former Bronco Reggie Rivers points out that Peyton’s aversion to taking hits is creating a weakness for the Broncos.

As a former Broncos fan, I didn’t especially like Peyton when he was at Indianapolis. And hiring mercenary players never appealed to me much. I respect Manning’s commitment to the game. He works and competes very hard. But the Broncos have simply become the new Colts, which means that they win a lot of games, sometimes with flashy numbers. But like the Colts they are not likely to cash in on a lot of championships.

That’s why Tebow is such a sharp contrast. He’s 100 percent substance, focussed only somehow winning the sports contest and ultimately the championshiop. Most other players are (understandably) distracted to a certain degree. What makes me so disappointed is that Tebow as a player had a lot in common with Elway. It really hurt to see Elway cut Tebow out. Elway has a big ego and needs to be loved. I think he just didn’t want a Broncos player who would replace his legend, at least not one whom he did not acquire as a GM.

Well said, Sage! And it’s back to pizza dough for PM and don’t think he has a shameless moment especially in regards to what he did to T2 b/c that was HIS team that he led all the way to the playoffs and won!
        Thanks Sage for always stating the truth. There are more good Bronco’s fans than bad and they as well as you deserved better and T2 would have given Denver a championship w/all the right players that PM now has!!!
        Even so, it was enlightening to learn that he has now lost three games at this point in the season. Unfortunately, at this rate, Elrot is going to bankrupt the team if he hasn’t already.

• andrea says:

Thanks for the information Sage.

I have to agree with you about Elway’s ego.

I remember the spoiled brat performance he gave when the Baltimore Colts drafted him fair and square.

He’s been a jerk all his life and always will be.

I for the life of me cannot understand how a used car salesman can have such a cult following.

Plus – since I am still boycotting NFL games – my hunch is that little Eli probably stunk up the joint in his game today also.

Looks like the Gators are looking for a new coach and Spurrier’s win sealed the deal on that one. Foley is not all that friendly w/Spurrier anyway. Wonder who they will get now?

Buzzy has a point.