Link To

Buzzy Says : Reverse PC I Guess.

22 Responses to “Husain Abdullah Penalized By NFL For Muslim Prayer, Is Tim Tebow’s Tebowing So Different?”

On a football field, bowing toward Mecca and assuming the mandatory prostrate position for Muslim worship is not necessarily the same as a Christian taking a knee an doing the sign of the cross. This is especially true because on a football field, kneeling is a traditional position adopted by players to show team discipline.

Haven’t seen many Christians beheading heretics lately, either.

• KingSolomon says:

I AGREE…but Tim never did the sign of the cross. That is more of a Catholic thing and he is not Catholic. He just pointed to the heavens (like many do) and said silent prayers.

2. steftebowfan says:

This man’s expression of his faith was so subtle I did not know if he was exhausted or being humble and thankful for the touchdown. I have seen the muslim prayer and this was so subtle that it did not look like he was trying to put on a show at all. I have seen guys bow and kiss the ground being thankful, point to the sky, cross their heart, and bump and grind. I enjoyed that they were happy!

I am a Christian and I appreciate anyone who at least has some spirituality more than those that are showboat sex machines! It is not fair to punish a person who wants to celebrate or be thankful respectfully. Are we as bad as those we profess to be against? How can we outlaw religion when we have rapes, drugs, violence and murder in the nfl and on the streets?

I feel if we continue legislating faith, the government will legislate our heart too! Come on NFL lighten up and let people have a heart and faith! True wisdom is being respectful even if someone has a different opinion than you. Not all people of Islam are murderers any more than all Christians are loveless and rude as some have said of us.

3. Brandi says:

The NFL got itself caught up so much in its anti-celebration…all the “No Fun League…kick it didn’t realize that Fan apathy, Player revolt and general growing disdain for anything else the league might try to do weren’t the only things it was risking (and achieving).

Policies have a way of creating other problems in ways those who create them often can even envision. Well this one picked one heckuva way to backfire. One that very likely can’t be put out very easily. If the league thinks it has anything in its PR Playbook to cover what to do now, they’re kidding themselves much more and much more dangerously than usual.

roger goodell is the worst thing to happen to the nfl. It’s hard to say why, but he just is.

Pro football now seems less a sport than a media event. Maybe they should try pay-per-view, like boxing. I’d like it if they disappeared.

As a kid, I used to pick up on all the excitement of big fights. People around me talked about them. Now I’m practically oblivious to boxing.

Don’t forget the half-time mishaps on his watch and that too shows it is less fan oriented…$$$$! Remember “Rick Flair” and all the hype surronding him too on Saturdays…talk about memory lane,ha, ha!:) Now, it’s irrelevant and looks like you said as the NFL becomes a non-entity of no consequence.
        Still think they should do something about the religion of “HATE/DEATH” and “ALL EVIL NEEDS TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING”!!

• Brandi says:

Goodell’s entire career has been in NFL. And almost all at League Hdqtrs. Hard not to become a product like that. Companies that do it usually do it so the new CEO continues the Company’s ways and culture. The NFL’s ways and culture have needed changed for decades. Is someone who is a product of them really a strong candidate to change them?

Agree w/Buzzy.

• KingSolomon says:

Buzzy—–you got any scoop for us??? Any hope for Tim???

Buzzy Says : Two teams have called since the 53 cut but nothing could be worked out i was told, My Guess if T2 is not # 1 backup then no joy. After all this is the QB that took Denver to the playoffs and won the wildcard game.

Thanks buzzy ant to all here. I have been checking in when I can. My foot and calf surgery took over six hours to complete. It takes all I have to type this little on our tablet. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers I have a long recovery ahead of me.

You all are always in my thoughts and prayers. Bless you all/go tebow we believe in you!

• KingSolomon says:

feel better soon. we miss you

Glad you’re back, Tawk. Work on your rehab like Tebow would. 😉

Hi Tawk2! Have been wondering how you were doing and praying too! Happy to hear you are on the mend. You are missed around here!:)

• David Oliver says:

Tawk2

May God give you a smooth and complete total recovery, in HIS Grace
          and Loving Mercy, to WHOLE HEALTH! May any pain be minimized and may
          God be your close comfort!

In JESUS CHRIST’S – NAME I PRAY THIS – AMEN!

Jesus Promises to His Children in His WORD:

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

God Bless! Dave O.

• KingSolomon says:

Thanks Buzzy. Sad, but thank you

KingSolomon: I will tell you what is sad and it is all the PC garbage! They can be amoral and outrageous, but CERTAINLY NOT CHRISTIAN!!! GOING TO CONTINUE BOYCOTTING WHEN/WHEREVER POSSIBLE AND NOW, EVEN THE SPONSORS ARE LEAVING…MAJOR LOSS IN REVENUE, HA, HA!!! THEY DON’T WANT TO BE ASSOC.$$$
          Looks like they are imploding on themselves anyway…THANK GOD!!!
          At least T2 is NOT GIVING UP AND UNTIL HE DOES THEN I WON’T EITHER; BESIDES, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE W/GOD…:)
          (Yes, I know I’m shouting…happens to be a huge source of contention/frustration seeing what goes on and, hopefully, God is not going to let this stand nor tolerate it for any considerable length of time without consequences impo!!!)

• KingSolomon says:

I AM SHOUTING TOO!!!! CANNOT BELIEVE T2 IS NOT PLAYING. BREAKS MY HEART EVERYDAY. BUZZY’S NOTE ABOVE MEANS THERE IS SLIGHT HOPE, BUT NOT MUCH.

5. bubbaelvis says:

Thank you Buzzy for the update. Good to hear he has heard from a couple of teams. At least that gives me hope. It is almost like his name is never even mentioned anymore when a QB gets hurt or a team is having problems at that position. How ironic would it be if he goes to Buffalo and takes over for Orton. He could win with that team. I am also keeping an eye on St. Louis and Arizona. I am not sure what the Cardinals think of him but Palmer may be done. He can be careful about where he goes since he has his SEC network and GMA gigs. He doesn’t have to worry about a paycheck and seems to enjoy what he is doing. This time will be a good situation for him.

Hey bubbaelvis don’t forget Miami and JAX when they finally get rid of their GM’s etc. due to ALL THE LOSSES YET AGAIN!!! (Maybe when the NFL gets cleaned up it will be deserving of Tebow!)