Happy Birthday Tim Tebow: The NFL isn’t calling( Buzzy Says This is Ugly)

George Diaz | En Fuego Orlando Sentinel7:19 a.m. EDT, August 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Tim Tebow!

You turn 27 today, a prime-time example of a shining star in many aspects.

Great kid with a  philanthropic and kind heart? Check.

College football legend and two-time national champion? Check.

Promising TV star now that he has hooked up with the SEC Network as an analyst? Check.

Rising NFL phenom?

As the best in the business, my friend Lee Corso would say, “not so fast my friend.”

Tebow still has some wild aspirations about playing in the NFL and keeps feeding the dream by working out and staying in shape, and speculating that some team may be out there waiting for him. And his enablers, like former coach Urban Meyer, keep saying things to fuel the dream, as if having a successful college career is an automatic pass to fame and fortune in the NFL.

All together now: All he needs is a chance.

Please stop. My head hurts. Tebow is like the neurotic girl who gets ignored after one date with a guy but keeps checking her voicemail to see if he has called.

Sorry, nobody is calling.

You’ve had your chance it was nice for a while, but there’s no room in the NFL for a third-string quarterback with marginal skills who has already bounced through three different cities.

You had a great college career but you’re not good enough for the pros. There are a lot of guys like that, Ty Detmer, Tommie Frazier, Danny Wuerffel.

And you.

You’ll be in Gainesville Thursday as part of the TV gig. Look around you, rekindle those fabulous memories. Embrace the greatness of your legend as a Gator Great.

It was a fabulous ride my friend. You were the envy of millions, and still have millions of fans who adore you.

But love doesn’t conquer all.

It’s time to move on. Everyone else has.

10 Responses to “Happy Birthday Tim Tebow: The NFL isn’t calling( Buzzy Says This is Ugly)”

1. steftebowfan says:

We live in a mad world. I mean people are posting terrible comments to the family of Robin Williams after his passing. Why be surprised to see such envy and hate? It is obvious this author is envious and jealous of Tebow. ITs like the devil himself is writing this commentary. Funny thing is, Tebow has a God bigger than this crap. Tebow seems happy, content, and will be a productive and positive force in this world whether idiotic pundits at NFL give him a chance or whether losers like this write their ignorant and slanderous blogs. God Bless America!

Happy Birthday Tim we love and believe in you, no matter what the haters say about you! Just another way to take a cheap shot at you, makes me sick!

stefebowfan I agree with you totally. It’s a shame how some are treating Robin Williams family, I loved him as an actor such a wonderful and amazing talent and he could always make me act. I used to be a professional clown in Florida while I was married to my ex who abused me on a daily basis. Being a clown I took on another personality and escaped from the devil briefly, I loved making others laugh and happy, even though I was dying inside. It goes to show that we never know truly how someone is feeling. Those who judge others harshly are evil to me and make me sick. It’s a shame that we live in such a world of hate and greed. The only thing that keeps me going is my family and knowing that amongst the bad there are good people out there.

Tim will probably never read this, he tries to stay away from negativity about him.

I agree with you too KingSolomon I too believe Tim will play again.

Go TEBOW and Happy Birthday!

2. KingSolomon says:

This writer (for my home paper) has always been a Tebow hater and also constantly writes race baiting articles and other garbage. He is beneath goat vomit. Don’t listen to them Tim. You will play again.

3. steftebowfan says:

Tawk2 thanks for giving us some insight into the comedic mind. I can understand how someone could be one person on the outside and another on the inside. Add in drugs and the pressures of fame/ money and that is a toxic cocktail. Glad you have found a mindset that helps you cope. We all need that. Speaking of mindsets, I have to say Tebow is a great example of how to deal with fame, stress and negativity. As well as how to do great things with great money.
    Sad to say, in order to appreciate good, we must encounter evil.

KingSolomon thanks for reminding us many of these media writers have a history of bashing or exaggeration. Unfortunately an average reader thinks a printed article is gospel and say “well I read that Tebow is a loser so he is!”
    How long must we tolerate such nonsense!

4. lex says:

maybe we all should write the editor of the paper telling them how vile this writer is…

• KingSolomon says:

they don’t care lex. the people at the Orlando “slantinel” are extreme left wing liberals who like the stir the pot and basically hate Christians like Tim Tebow. Diaz and others there routinely mock him and mix politics and religion into what should be pure sports. Only Mike Bianchi has supported Tebow from that rag of a newspaper, but even he has forgotten Tim and is now slobbering all over Blake Bortles.

• David Oliver says:

Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:40 PM
      To: gdiaz@orlandosentinel.com
      Subject: THE LIES – THE NFL ELITIST OWNERS/NEWS MEDIA – COLLUSION -> THEIR BLACKBALL OF TIM TEBOW HAVING A FAIR SHOT AS AN NFL QB – IS A REALITY = CHRISTIANS BOYCOTT THE NFL !!

Mr. George Diz – Regarding your “Trendy” sharing of http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/en-fuego/os-tim-tebow-birthday-nfl-20140814,0,4251805.post

THE LIES –> THE NFL ELITIST OWNERS/NEWS MEDIA – COLLUSION –> THEIR BLACKBALL OF TIM TEBOW HAVING A FAIR SHOT AS AN NFL QB –
      THAT IS AN OBVIOUS – REALITY SHOULD = THAT CHRISTIANS WILL NOW – BOYCOTT THE NFL – UNTIL IT ENDS!!

The Historical Circumstances – have NOT CHANGED, THEY STILL show the Overwhelming Evidence of the REALITY OF THE –

NFL Elitist Owners /Newsmedia’s Campaign to Keep Tim Tebow from any real opportunity to become an NFL QB!

That is why all concerned Christians – Should Boycott the NFL. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !

Because of this ANTI-CHRIST Purge of the: “TOO VISIBLE FOR CHRIST – CHRISTIAN, NFL QB Tim Tebow –

Being effectively BLACKBALLED FROM NFL – NO NFL QB – Fair Try – WILL BE THUS be ALLOWED –

NO! NOT! AN OPTION FOR TIM TEBOW !

NFL $$ Controllers: TIM TEBOW IS JUST TOO CHRISTIAN FOR THEM –
      HE HAS EXCEEDED THEIR PERMISSIBLE “CHRISTIAN VISIBILITY” LIMITS!

THUS – HE WILL BE Effectively BLACKBALLED FROM the NFL – NO Fair Try At NFL QB FOR HIM !

(JUST AN OPTION FOR LIES, MISREPRESENTATIONS AND ABUSE AS DEMONSTRATED BY DARK SIDE – “COACH” REX RYAN…)

http://www.tebowsfirst16.com/ THE TRUTH – “NOT TRENDY PREJUDICE” AND ANTI-CHRISTIAN BIAS CAN SET SET YOU FREE !!

Let the Silent, but “Knowing” – Christian Community – FOR ONCE – TAKE A STAND !! BOYCOTT THE NFL – UNTIL THIS “EFFECTIVE BLACKBALL OF TT ENDS !!

David Oliver

David Oliver: I hear you and ACTION SPEAKS VOLUMES; SO, I AGREE W/U!!! Thanks Buzzy for posting even though we don’t want to hear what they produce which is unmitigated gall on their part…WHAT A BUNCH OF LIARS!!! WELL, WE KNOW WHERE THEY WILL END UP ONE DAY!!!

Well, this writer obviously has an ax to grind at the very least…hmmmmmmmm!
    But, guess what?–this only makes TEBOW MORE DETERMINED, THANK GOD!!! 🙂

Congratulations to TEBOW for nailing it on the SEC and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!