Tim Tebow ‘Willed’ He Will Make a Comeback in the NFL

By Rachelle Corpuz | June 4, 2014 11:53 PM EST

Tim Tebow is reportedly training every single day and still has high hopes that he will soon be able to set foot back in the football pitch of the National Football League (NFL).

In a recent interview with the Tennessean, Tebow said that he hasn’t given up on his NFL dream, which is why he is keeping his body conditioned and in tip-top shape if ever an NFL opportunity knocks again.

“I’m training every day and feel like I’m the best that I’ve ever been,” said Tebow. “I still love it, love playing it, talking about it, and I’m just excited about whatever the future holds.”

“Who knows what could happen? But I’m excited about it though,” said the former NFL quarterback.

Tebow has been very vocal of his desire to play in the premiere football league for as long as people can remember. When he was cut by the New England Patriots, Tebow said, “I will remain in relentless pursuit of continuing my lifelong dream of being an NFL quarterback.”

In December, following the announcement that he would soon become a part of ESPN’s SEC Network, he made it clear that his NFL dream wasn’t dead yet. “I have been training very hard over the course of the last few months five days a week, and I feel like I’m the best that I have ever been as a quarterback right now, and I hope I get the opportunity to show that.”

Tebow was featured in a five-minute ESPN exclusive where he revealed his training routine in quest of a career back in the NFL, a month later.

It has been well over nine months since Tebow was cut by the Patriots. It is still mind-boggling that no NFL team has signed Tebow yet, and it is likewise startling that he hasn’t lost that burning desire to play in the football league.

Still the only question lingers: Will Tebow really be able to fulfill his dream of being an NFL quarterback?

23 Responses to “Tim Tebow ‘Willed’ He Will Make a Comeback in the NFL”

1. kim henderson says:

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW HOW TH OWNERS ,SCOUTS AND COAHES CANT AT LEAST GO AND CHECK OUT TIM IMPROVEMENTS TO ME IT SHOULD DRAW TO CHECK IT OUT.I KEEP ASKING THE QUESTION HO TO GET A PETITION STATED SO ROGER COULD INVESTIGATE TIM TEBOWS CASE THERE WAS ALOT OF THINGS DOING WRONG TO TIM MOST ALL THE ANOUSERS WERE DEGRADING TIM TEBOW AND THEY SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM FOR WHAT THEY ID TO HIS CAREER.TAT WAS NOT FAIR FOR TIM AND THE PEOPLE WO FOLLWED TIM WAS NOT A CIRCUS THEY WERE HIS FANS THAT JUST CARED ABOUT HIM.WHEN TM WAS WITH THE PATS THE PATS HAD SEEMED TO PUT A LID THE NOISE THAT FOLLOWED HIM H COULD HELP A TEAM IN SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYSBY WINING ALOT OF GAMES AND BRINGING I MILLIONS OF DOLLARES FOR THERE TEAMS.
    Buzzy Says : Sorry Kim But there Have been 3 Petitions started with no avail from the NFL

• SB says:

Besides the fact that you typed in all caps, this type of thing is exactly what’s hurting Tebow. This is part of the circus that teams want to avoid. I do agree that he’s at the receiving end of some unfair biases, but such a petition is not going to help. It’s only going to further alienate him with teams and fans.

• Larry says:

I agree SB & thanks for the Eisen podcast find.

• Brandi says:

I agree on the petition thing. Not likely to amount to anything. But I totally disagree on the “circus” thing.

This is a Showdown with the Fans. NOT the Tebow Fans. All Football/NFL Fans. What has happened to Tim is just another letter threatening to sue Churches and Social Clubs for holding Super Bowl Parties. It’s another fined Player for “too much celebrating” with the Fans. It’s another phony “Medical Study”. It’s another TailgateGate. It’s another half billion dollars in PSLs sold to those “picked last at dodegball ‘losers'”.

It’s another Goodbye National Football League and Hello “The Shield”. It’s another McTeam and McPlayer and who wants passionate Fans? They’re just too much bother and annoyance. Besides, they actually think they’re entitled to their own opinion. Who needs all that?

When there are still those willing to be Fandroids?

EVERY Major Professional Sports League has, at one time or another, in this Country had to deal with the headaches associated with having a SuperStar RockStar Player bigger then the League itself. Every other one realized that the rise in popularity for the League is well worth the aggravation.

Until the NFL and Tim Tebow. No other had ever been this combination of stupid and arrogant before.

Every Major Pro League has had its cummupance day. That time when they had gotten so big for their britches, they alienated enough Fans that it came back to bite them. This may well now be the NFL’s turn to experience it.

The League is headed for a restructuring anyway, as there’s not a snowball’s chance in Key West it can meet its Business Plan. (The BizPlan it has already pushed back 5 years.) And there’s even less chance they’ll get the TV deals they have now again. Other Leagues went through a Re-Set and came out OK. If dissing Tim is part of bringing on the NFL’s that’s probably appropriate.

But LOTS of passionate Fans is NOT a “circus”. It’s what Leagues thrive on. Somebody should have told the NFL that. They’re still convinced it’s them that Fans just can’t get enough of. I think Fans have finally HAD enough. But we’ll see.

• Larry says:

When the QB that’s a backup has more fans-& very loud fans-than the starter, or any of the starters, it becomes a source of distraction & resentment for the rest of the team. That’s exactly why Tim isn’t even a backup on any team right now.

Being an accountant & working in the NFL are 2 different things, Brandi/Leanne/Cheryl. As usual, you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

• tebow fan says:

Tebow was not a distraction in Denver or NE. Only in NY did people say he was a distraction. However, these people were hating on Tebow when in reality, the problem was one of the worst QBs to ever step onto a football field might I add….Sanchez. I mean, people were booing fireman ed because he wore a Sanchez jersey. So Sanchez was a big problem because he sucked so bad. Oh yea, he led the NFL in turnovers while he was a starter in the league of 4 years. Problem #2 was that the Jets suck. It was easy for everyone in the building to blame Tebow but he only through 8 passes the whole year. Blame Tebow for Sanchez’s turnovers and the Jets losses. How much sense does that make. So now that Tebow is gone from NY, Sanchez is starting and the Jets are winning?
            When people say Tebow is a distraction, they are hating.

• SB says:

I refuse to read ANYTHING from Brandi. Not only does she not know what she’s talking about, as you said, but it’s also VERY poorly written…incoherent at times, rambling, discombobulated, etc.

And as a male who respects women and women’s rights to the point that I consider myself a feminist, the fact that she goes by the name, SportsBabeBrandi, is just insulting to women in sports journalism.

SB, I like Brandi just fine. Is space on the Internet so scarce that there’s only room for licensed talk?

I hear conventional wisdom all day long on espn radio and other stations, and it’s worse than useless. The major media whom many people are so enchanted with is a brainless echo chamber. Always nice to hear a voice that stands out from the crowd.

• andrea says:

SB – Kim has always posted her comments in caps for as long as I can remember. No big deal.

Funny how teams are afraid of the Tebow circus . Media creation is the main reason for the Tebow circus. Funny how the media is not bent out of shape by the Sam “gay media circus”

It appears there are some circuses that the media likes.

Andrea: Right about that and couldn’t be more blatantly biased. In my personal opinion, priorities are obviously misplaced so, can only imagine what they will endorse next for the vocal minority and not the silent majority!!!

Kim Henderson: They definitely need to listen to the fans that pay for the priviledge of being able to be just that…FANS!!!

2. tebow fan says:

Tebow is awesome! The most exciting football player when he plays and nobody comes close. how many comebacks did he have in 2011. 7 comebacks in 8 games. Does anybody realize how good that is?

Nice link. Thanks.

Yes thanks for the link what an awesome and exciting game!

I was thinking wouldn’t it be crazy if Tim went to the Steeler’s, Big Ben is getting older and keeps getting hurt. I guess crazier things have happened!

But in my heart I think possibly the Patriots are bringing him back, I just hope they don’t pick him up again and then drop him before the season starts. I also hope any team that brings Tim in truly gives him a chance at playing quarterback to show his stuff! I certainly don’t want a team bringing him in just for the media.

Anyways thanks for the link, I miss the excited and edge of the chair game play Tim brought to the NFL, hopefully we will see him soon on an NFL team.

Tebowfan: Great read and thanks for the link…making history and breaking records even in the NFL!!! The truth is, he is better than they will ever think about being and making all their so-called accomplishments irrelevant in the process—looks like they felt threatened by a true one-of-a-kind God-given talent…GO TEBOW!!!

3. Dave Munez says:

I absolutely love and respect everything about Tim Tebow. What an amazing and shining example of what true class, good sportsmanship, and a true role model he is to millions who look up to him. At the end of today, Tim Tebow, unlike so many big-name football players in the NFL, is much bigger than football. Tim’s popularity transcends the game, transcend the NFL, and transcends sports in general. Never once have we seen Tim Tebow lash back at all the negativity and all of the unfair hate we have seen him subjected to. The man has the patience of a saint. More importantly, he has persevered through it all and continues to believe in himself, and I admire him greatly for that. It is not over, meaning Tim’s NFL dream, until he says it’s over. As long as Tim Tebow is pushing towards that dream, I and millions of other fans will be rooting him on. Go Tebow!!!!

Dave Munez: Thank you Dave for stating what I believe to be true and you are right, as he is nothing short of A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
      GBPT2!!!