Tim Tebow on possible return to NFL: ‘I’m the best that I’ve ever been’

FOX Sports

JUN 02, 2014 1:49p ET

Kim Klement / USA TODAY Sports

Tim Tebow played three seasons in the NFL.

FOX Sports

Updated JUN 02, 2014 3:07p ET

Don’t tell Tim Tebow that the NFL dream is over.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner and 2010 first-round pick has ventured into the role of broadcast analyst for ESPN, but that doesn’t mean Tebow isn’t staying in shape in case another opportunity in the NFL emerges.

“I’m training every day and feel like I’m the best that I’ve ever been,” Tebow told The Tennessean. “I still love it, love playing, talking about it, and I’m just excited about whatever the future holds. Who knows what could happen? But I’m excited about it, though.”

Tebow, 26, last played in regular-season action for the Jets in 2012, but was released after one season. Despite being released by the Patriots last preseason, he has never wavered in his hope of returning to the big stage.

9 Responses to “Tim Tebow on possible return to NFL: ‘I’m the best that I’ve ever been’”

GO TEBOW…WE BELIEVE TOO!!!:)

Yes we Believe In You Tim!

I just don’t like all the bashing comments with this story! So tired of most saying Tim has gotten his shot and lost and he needs to go away! What BS!

Go Tebow show them all!

A football team that wants to have a winning record for their fans should grab Tebow. So sad many football teams put out an inferior product every year and charge their season ticket holders $1,000.00 a year for their rotten team.

I go further: Tebow could lead his teams to 3 championships in 10 years. There’s still time. His skills are far beyond ordinary. His ability to accomplish goals under extreme pressure is unmatched by anything I’ve seen on the football field, ever.

You’d have to look to a whole other sport to find someone who has comparable grace under pressure, and you might not find one.

Tebow’s problem is not too much pressure, but sometimes too little.

Sage: He reminds me of Pete Sampras…”grace under pressure” and miss seeing him play as now we are reduced to seeing crypt danceing in front of the Queen of England, no less!:(

Andrea: You are right about the “rotten teams” as it goes along w/NFL that is definitely rotten too! He deserves better in my book!

4. bubbaelvis says:

The truth is he should not be returning to the NFL, he should be starting in the NFL. If the Jets were not so dysfunctional he would have been starting and they would be winning. If Rex Ryan had not been so stubborn on keeping Mark Sanchez the starter and pulled the trigger early it would be quite a different story. I believe it got to the point it was Rex versus the GM and who would be the goat. If Rex started Tim and they started winning, Rex would be the one fired. By not playing him and making it look like a bad trade the GM took the hit. What a shame something that could have been so awesome turned to a mockery. That is all water under the bridge. I look forward to Tebow’s return. I believe he will be back this year.

Bubbaelvis: I agree he should be starting and hope all of the Jets/Broncos misdeeds continue to backfire on all of them!:( That would be appro-pro imo!