By Glenn Minnis @glennnyc
on Apr 04, 2014 10:46 AM EDT

Tim Tebow

(Photo : Reuters )

A 19-year-old college freshman has asked Tim Tebow to escort her to an upcoming military ball in hopes she might also be able to convince the former NFL quarterback into endorsing her soon-to-held cystic fibrosis fundraiser.

Tim Tebow still chasing NFL dreams

Keira Hornyak took to Youtube to extend her invite, with the video featuring the political science major posing at various campus sites and carrying signs aimed at garnering the former Heisman Trophy winner’s affections.

“The ball is about celebrating what the Army stands for, and I want to share that with Tebow,” Hornyak told Alligaor.org, adding that she has long admired the one-time Florida star. The fundraiser is slated to be held at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in the fall of 2014.

Tebow bible tweets inspiring others

Hornyak told the website her inspiration for creating the event lies in wanting to help her friend, 19-year-old Santa Fe College sophomore Chase Honeycutt, who suffers from the disease.

“If he can get up and do everything he does in a normal day, then I have no excuse to not do what I am supposed to be doing,” she said.

“I think it is a great opportunity for the university and the CF foundation, and I just really hope it works out,” added Honeycutt. “It takes a lot of courage to do something like that. I think it is a great idea to get him involved.”

Would you like to see Tebow at the ball? “Tell us @SportsWN

13 Responses to “Tim Tebow news: Teen asks Tebow to a military ball, hoping he will sponsor charity? [VIDEO]”

I am sure Tim gets many invitations throughout the year. Great post.

Buzzy have you heard anything concerning Tim? So quiet everywhere. Where is everyone, I miss you all!
    Buzzy Says : All the News i Hear is Bad News

Hi Tawk. I agree, it’s pretty quiet, and I wish there were something heating up with Tim’s football career. Well, I’ve dispaired in football games where he’s come back from way behind, so presumably something good will happen in time.

Meanwhile, I hope he isn’t putting all his eggs in the NFL basket, because his football fans can’t wait forever. He’s responsible for making choices, and the A-11 is available to him. I trust he will not turn his nose up at the A-11, if the NFL continues to turn its nose up at him.

Sage: Well, I would watch just b/c it is Tebow whom I admire alot! Hard to wait, I’ll say that!!!

• Lynn says:

Tim signed a three year contract with ESP that allows him an out only for the NFL… so it’s likely safe to put the A-11 talk to rest.

• David Oliver says:

Tim Tebow to speak in Jackson Tuesday – Proceeds to benefit the CJ Stewart Foundation’s Down Range project:

David Oliver: At least we get to hear some positive news and happy he is doing the other things that he loves also…GO TEBOW!!!

Tawk2: Feel the same as you…still can’t figure out what happened to Tisa? Oh well, she probably continues to read the posts…what do you think Tawk2? Miss seeing her insightful posts also and hope it was not something that was a comment of mine that was a deciding factor?!:(
      (Note: Had to get the computer fixed and that was why I disappeared for awhile.)
      Glad we are pretty much in agreement on what makes this site one of the best b/c of not only being PRO TEBOW BUT CLOSE KNIT TOO!!!
      Anyhow, can’t say it enough…God bless the Tebowzone and everyone that contributes!:)

Thanks Buzzy, I was afraid of only bad news out there. Hopefully something good will happen soon for Tim.

Have to agree with Sage – don’t thumb your nose at A-11. If the new league takes hold it would be a positive for the U.S. economy and may propel Tebow to super super stardom.

3. Bigfan says:

I was listening to NFL radio yesterday and there was quite a long discussion on the Johnny Manzel “Media Circus” that the team who drafts him will receive and the distractions that follow.

It appears at least for Timmy today that the teams filling the QB slot with free agents are looking everywhere else but at Timmy?? Just don’t get it??

I hold out hope that we ALL will be pleasantly surprised…the Lord works in mysterious ways!

Bigfan: Yes, we are seemingly in a “holding phase” and agree about the surprise due to how it works out in his favor…

Me either Bigfan I don’t get it either why Tim is being passed by, makes me ill. No problem for Gm’s etc, to look past Johnny Manziel’s media circus and even the way he acts. Makes me sick how Tim is treated by the NFL and most of the media.