John Fox Talks Health Scare, Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow with Rachel Nichols

By Mike Chiari(Featured Columnist

Link TO

19 Responses to “John Fox Talks Health Scare, Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow with Rachel Nichols”

I know I will get thrown off this board if I say what I really think of John Fox,Peyton Manning and John Elway. So I’ll just keep my powder dry.(for now).

2. Hoot says:

I just read Fox’s comments on the Tim part. I don’t think anything was wrong in that blurb. Timing is important and Manning became available at that time and after all Manning is the more experienced QB. Some people can remain angry, but I think God had His reasons.

The more I think of it, the more I’m glad Tim went to NY. We had two outspoken Christians in that city (Jeremy Lin) at that time. For that year, God was glorified in NY.

I’m also happy Tim had this year to work on his passing game. Had he been a backup, he wouldn’t have had the time to get those reps. Watching that Dilfer report on Tim was very encouraging. Now, he needs another chance…

Let’s keep praying!

Better do more than just pray, better let your actions line up imo…”FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS D-E-A-D!”

• Hoot says:

How do I do that, ck? What do you do?

Howdeeeeeee Hooty: Why don’t you start by using verbs; i.e., action equals just that. For one, maybe you could sign up for the Tebow Foundation as it is very worthwhile and that is just one thing I have done besides calling and supporting others who actually do just that and more as well…remember the Jax Fans who did “DO SOMETHING!!! (Will give credit to most of the fans in Denver who also were great at doing something and it worked!!!)
          Also, it seems that one thing the NFL understands is “M-O-N-E-Y!” Withdrawing that seems to work quite well in the long run imo! And, yes, tithing/charity is a good place to start or if that is not possible then volunteering. You probably did not really want me to list and was hesitant as it makes someone sound very pompous…not my intention whatever your thoughts happen to be on this. So, have a nice day Mr. Hooty and glad at least you have arrived even if others have not been able to by your standards!:)

• Hoot says:

It’s Hoot, ck…not Hooty. I’m not part of a band.

I do those things. I support Tim. Why did you assume that I didn’t?

What standards are you talking about, ck? The standards that Tim worked on these past 5 months? Did you see Trent Dilfer’s report on Tim last a week or so ago?

Seems to me Mr. Fox wants all the credit for Tebow’s and the teams success.

Tebow rescued that Bronco’s team from another losing,horrible year.I doubt if Manning would have picked Denver if they had a losing record.

The owner of the Broncos wasted 30 million dollars by having Manning QB last year.Here’s hoping that after next Sunday’s loss to the New England Patriots,the owner will come to the realization that he has wasted another 30 millon dollars on Manning.

• The Mascot Army says:

You got that right. Fox’s huge ego loves that people think he had success DESPITE Tebow. That’s why he never comes out and tells the “beach it” story, or defends Tebow. In reality, his predictable play-calling held Tebow back. Orton’s first four games and Carolina’s previous season is what comes from Fox coaching.
      It makes me sick that once again, he is riding a QBs coattails to an improved reputation.

I dont like Fox or Elway, but I think Manning is ok. And the Denver crowd are a bunch of saints compared to the Jets.

This site is great. I read it all the time, and would post more, but for some reason, my posts never get through when I use my phone or ipad (using chrome and dolphin browsers). So I only post when I’m reading on my computer, which is not very often.

The Mascot Army: Very insightful and couldn’t have said it better! That is the REAL story b/c he is not HC material and just look at his history w/Carolina Panthers losing record due to 13 losses/2 wins which in 2011 was the NFL’s worst record that year!!! No wonder he was fired in 2011!!!
        Unfortunately, T2 had to overcome even that obstacle of a non-coach and still (w/bad plays called) found a way to WIN PLUS WON THE PLAY-OFF GAME ON TOP OF THAT!!!
        As far as Chrome is concerned, I have it on my home computer and it seems to be o.k. most of the time when it is not being quirky!:D

• Hoot says:

After re-reading Fox’s comments, I can see your point. He could have given Tim more credit.

I wouldn’t demean Manning to make Tim look good, though. Tim is good no matter what. Manning is a veteran and what…40? He knows he doesn’t have much time in the game. I don’t blame him for signing with Denver.

Andrea: Great post and you are right as usual…couldn’t bring myself to read the article, but he sure doesn’t have any humility whatsoever! What gets me is how he could lie to T2 and look him straight in the face after what he did for Denver as well as keep him from being F-I-R-E-D!!! All Tebow did was based out of loyalty and he did not deserve having his chance that he earned denied him due to people who have not a shread of conscience in my book!!!:(
      GBPT2!!!

I may be totally wrong but I have never heard Peyton Manning say a positive thing about Tim Tebow. I remember Tebow at the ESPY awards – total class.

I will stand corrected if Peyton Manning ever said a kind word about Tebow(after all – Tebow did take the Broncos into the playoffs and won a game too).

As I say I haven’t heard anything from Peyton.

Andrea: Neither have I and don’t think PM is anywhere near T2’s Class etc.
      Glad he has a back-up job of selling Papa John’s Pizza…he might need it after all!!

• The Mascot Army says:

If I remember correctly, Manning said nice things about Tebow at his introductory press conference. I think he likes Tebow, and I’ve heard him say he watched Tebow in college because Manning is an SEC guy.
      I also think that Manning and Tebow are partners in at least one D1 training facility.

It appears everyone likes Tebow. What I would like is to see more people standing up on his behalf.

It’s quite possible that Manning and the Broncos will beat the Pats and make the SB. Manning certainly knows what is at stake. So, this is not a prediction of Bronco failure, just a hope for that.

What surprises me about the rest of the Broncos is how many of them, e.g., Champ Bailey, didn’t seem to realize that Tim was their ticket to championships. Bailey wants an SB so bad. Say what you will; Tim ultimately delivers.

By the way, remember how Bailey dropped an easy interception in the second half of the Pittsburgh playoff game? That defense did everything it could to fold, and Tim made it work.

• Hoot says:

In the Bailey interviews I’ve read, he’s defended Tim. In fact, Brian Dawkins spoke highly of him too. The defense supported Tim.

• Brandi says:

Brian Dawkins has said he would have stayed another year if the Broncos hadn’t traded Tebow. He has never shied from supporting Tim.

5. Bigfan says:

Timmy became the fall guy that helped the team get in the least the first round bonus checks!