31 Responses to “The war is over the troops are home TT has a job so we will quit commenting no more support needed T2 is going to the SB No reason to check in until the season Starts.I guess i will have to get Spider and Thrawn back in here to stir the pot”

I have not quit commenting and I know it will take sometime before Tim goes to a Superbowl as starting quarterback at least until Tim Brady retires or he starts on another team.

I get tired of negative posts, I know it gets more comments here but it does tend to bring one down at times. But still I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that, I may not agree with all of them.

Thanks for doing such a great job here Buzzy! Many are probably still celebrating. I see the owner of the Patriots really likes Tim and was impressed with his passing ability as well. Only time will tell how all this plays out. Go TEBOW!

This story also has the owner’s comments about Tebow as well.

2. BuzzyBuzzard says:

Do You Get the Point

3. Ren says:

Haha, yeah, it’s been a little quiet.

4. lalalala says:

Thrawn is a pot stirrer? LOL I don’t think so.
    I think he’s just pessimistic which is how some people are wired. It’s a big tent and not all TT fans think the same way.

• tisa says:

Thrawn is not a TT fan in any way shape or form!

Buzzy Says I guess you missed the point

• lalalala says:

Tisa, if you say so, I believe you. I don’t read all the comments here. From the few comments that I read from him, he didn’t seem all that bad. Just really pessimistic about Tim’s future, which I see often with other Tebow fans.

• tisa says:

Buzzy, I did not miss your point. My comment was to lalala… Since Thrawn has not been posting here since the day Tebow got signed, out of curiosity, and because you are threatening us with them, I thought I would check out the Denver Post since I know he and Spider post there. Thrawn is vehemently commenting on Tebow’s chances in the NFL. He sounds more like Spider and Spider is, well, Spider. But I did get your point, Buzzy. Don’t think there’s going to be much news on the Tebow front until training camp but we know the media will talk his signing to death in the mean time. Saw that Tebow was spotted at the airport in Sarasota so I assume he is back at IMG, playbook and film in hand, with a very real idea of what he needs to do to make the team in training camp. My money is on Tebow, as it always has been.

5. Bigfan says:

It is a win win deal all the way around. Going to be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Patience is a virtue and Tim certainly knows that.

Camp starts in July.

6. The Mascot Army says:

I’m sorry I haven’t been posting much, but I have been reading and appreciating everything posted.
    You might be right though…the war might be over now that Belichick seeing something worth signing has trumped the haters’ “Sparano saw him every day card,” and ColdHardFootballFacts analyses destroy the haters’ compl% stat.

Just kidding about the war being over, but these are dark days for the stephen a smith parrots.

7. Bigfan says:

I came across this…http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2013/06/patriots_ryan_mallett_future_q.html

He is going to be 36 this August in case you are wondering.

8. Bubbaelvis says:

I really think this is great for Tim but maybe not in the way alot of folks are thinking. I believe he is going to b a QB only. They are going to groom him and get him to his full potential as a QB. When it’s time they will unleash him(Brady’s retirement). Next year Tebow or Mallet will be traded to start for another team while the one left standing will be Brady’s successor. Then again I can be wrong. Selfishly, I’d love to see him play and play alot in some meaningful capacity.

• Lynn says:

I think you may be correct; Mallett or Tebow will be traded at the end of this season. If Tim does really well in training camp, they might even trade Ryan sooner. It seems long for Tim to wait out Brady, but nobody knows what the future holds and one possibility is that Tom does not play as long as he now plans.

9. Shaztah says:

I have been commenting too. Can I ask you guys a question? Are QB’s born accurate? When they are in pee wee learning to play are they naturally accurate? I only ask because there are articles out there where so called experts say “You can’t teach accuracy”. I always thought that it is learned with practice. Am I wrong? Now ask yourself this Tim’s was the most accurate QB in the SEC so what changed? His throwing motion is what changed and that affects accuracy right? How many other “accurate” QB’s could be so accurate if they were forced to change the way they throw. Kapernick has a similar motion as Tim once had and no one made him change it. Tim is still learning to throw accurately and had no chance to do it last year. I guess all of this has probably been said but I think that accuracy can be learned. The things you truly can’t teach is work ethic, leadership, drive, passion for the game and a no fear attitude when you are standing in the pocket about to get hit by 320lb. player. Those are the things that Tim has and the accuracy will follow.

I too believe accuracy can be learned, like you said the other things like work ethic, leadership, drive, passion I feel cannot be taught. You are born with those. I know Tim will improve at accuracy and will go far in the NFL!

• jason says:

Tim has many abilities but being willing to stand in the pocket, read the coverage, side step to change the rush and checkdown is something he has rarely shown with 320lbs coming. Tim has to learn not to tuck and run when this happens. Why run around when you can just side step and hit the dart. That’s how they wrok in new england.
      He now has the chance to learn that. People can get more accurate in time. Long term hope for tim to show belichick in practise, camp and preseason that he’s worth keeping. I can promise you they do things a very certain way and you become that way as a player or you don’t stay.

10. Shaztah says:

I am a member of a TT fan site and I posted my theory on what the Patriot’s have planned. I am going to tell you here also so if it comes true I am going to look back at this post and say boy can I pick em or what LOL.

No one knows what BB plans are but I have a theory. He has always believed and liked Tim and I think he saw the improvement that Tim made and he is absolutely certain that he can make Tim a great QB. So Tim will learn behind Tom (who also thinks a lot of Tim) for 2013 and after this season is when Mallett’s rookie contract is done. Mallett becomes a free agent and Tim becomes #2. BB is planning for the future without Tom at the helm. He is going to give Tim 2 years to improve and become the QB that he is sure he can be. So I figure after the first 2 year contract he will sign Tim to another 2 year deal but before he reaches his 2nd year of that contract Tom will retire at age 39 in order to spend more time at home with his family and Tim will take over the reigns and NE will be a power house for the next decade with Tim leading the team. The so called experts will all say “I always knew Tim would be great” and Tim will always be known as the most popular athlete that has ever lived. You read it here first.

I know I know wishful thinking 🙂

Although I like your wishful thinking and share it to an extent, I’m also concerned that Belichick and McDaniels will want practice performances to go like clockwork. Apparently that’s never been Tim’s strong suit. So I wince whenever I hear about incomplete passes in practice, etc.

But Tebow is the very definition of a “gamer,” and so hopefully he’ll get to ride the roster until there’s a chance to play a big role in games.

I’ve never liked hoping for bad performances from the likes of Orton, Sanchez or Brady. They’re decent guys. So, patience, I guess.

• jason says:

Belichick is very, very, VERY much about how a play performs in practise is what gives him confidence come gammetime. Tim has to take practise as a super bowl. If you don’t believe me then go study and look up how belichick has done things his whole career. Watch a football life, listen to him speak and so on.
        Tim has a great shot but it will be belichick’s way not tim’s.
        Belichick can spend 20 minutes breaking down a play and pointing out that the QB threw for 5 when he had 20 yard pass open but didn’t see the read.
        What everyone needs to hope for is that tim will understand its 1000% belichick’s way and 0% tim’s way on thethae patriots and its completely the offense of brady and brady doesn’t give up reps or snaps. Its learn from the book, scout squad, preseason or leave. We want tim to adapt his ways and go with what they do and give up the ways he learned before because they won’t help him with the patriots. Being a gamer doesn’t count because bill will ask if you can do it in game why can’t you do it when its easy? That’s how he is and he won’t change. Tim has 4 or 5 years to get it all down and take over but without injury it won’t happen. ALL backups must do it as brady does. That’s how they have and will do things.

Shaztah: Like that!

• Lynn says:

Ryan Mallett’s contract goes through 2014; but they will likely trade him by the end of this season or they will get nothing for him.

Tom Brady just signed a contract extension though the 2017 season, five more years.

Another possibility is what about Josh McDaniels’ future. If there is no plan for him to fairly soon replace Belichick he may go elsewhere as head coach and take Tim with him.

I’m just hoping there is a good rapport between Tebow and the Patriots, and that he can make the final roster.

Prior to Tebow’s signing with the Pats, Lynn was insistent that Tebow fans not rock the boat. While I thought she was premature in that insistence, I do feel it’s good advice at this time.

Although I personally think Tebow should be on the field ASAP, almost no one wants to hear that. Certainly not the Powers That Be in New England. So it seems like it’s time to shut up and let the “pundits” continue to seize the narrative. You can’t argue with them at this point.

Yet I’m fairly certain that Tebow will be achieving big things sooner than most people expect. Thanks for posting, Buzzy and everyone.

• tisa says:

I can’t imagine anyone in their right mind demanding that Tebow get on the field ahead of Brady. I am very grateful that he is somewhere where he can get the attention he needs. I like Shaztah’s wishful thinking and hope the future pans out in something similar to it. I saw a set of pictures on Twitter earlier today. There were a lot of pictures of Tebow and McDaniel together. It seems McDaniel is genuinely interested in working with him. At this point, I think we can ask for nothing more. I bet Timmy was bitterly disappointed that practice got cancelled today. From now to training camp is going to seem like an eternity to him.

I’m in my right mind, more right than most. 🙂

Again, there’s no point in counseling people that Tebow is ready right now, because the vast majority of people aren’t ready to believe it.

But he is. Each year he rides the pine is a year less experience, and a year with less chance to prove he’s Hall of Fame.

I’m not an HC or GM, and not qualified to be one. But if I were in that position, I’d trade virtually any QB for draft picks and put Tim in the starting spot.

Nobody scold, me, please. I’ve heard all the dogma, I just don’t buy it.

That’s how great moves are done, selling high and buying low. Brady will never be worth more than he is now, and Tebow will never (hopefully) be cheaper.

Sage: Here’s what I think…he and his teammates from UF (Hernandez and “The Cpt.”/Spikes) will be a force to be reckoned with in the redzone and Brady will help take them all to the SB w/TT in a supporting role as noted and w/his “wing men!” LOOKS LIKE THE PERFECT SCENARIO TO ME…GO TEBOW!!!

It’d sure be great to see it play out that way.

• Lynn says:

ck: If they win the Super Bowl… say in two years… Brady might be more inclined then to just go ahead and retire.

12. tisa says:

Did anyone see the article where Rex Ryan was complaining about the receivers dropping the balls? LOL, weren’t they doing that year but it was Tebow’s fault? He is also talking about putting Smith in the option, with which he has no experience. Poor Geno, they are on the way to ruining him. If I were a football player, the Jets would be the last place I would want to go.

tisa: Serves him right imo, lol! And if they do what they did to TT then you are right…he better run for the EXITS!!

Well, Buzzy, not to worry as we were taking a breather…finally! And no need to drum up the likes of Thrawn and Spider please…we get the point!!! Thanks for working tirelessly to keep all informed!:D
    GO TEBOW/PATRIOTS!!! Couldn’t be happier for the Pats and TT, what a winning combination!!! Starting to believe that Belichick is a true genius! Bet horse mouth inc. are none too happy! Daughter stated that the Tampa Bay Bucs will play the Patriots, but in NE:(
    Also, they won’t get to play the Jags, but will be in Miami…not considering going on that trip!