The Mile High Messiah

I read an ESPN article this morning about Denver Broncos fans coming up with a new nickname for Tim Tebow. I think it’s something popular going around the Broncos mesage boards and in the sports columns of their newspapers. It’s a fun game fans get to play trying to come up with a nickname. In the ESPN article they highlighted several very good ones… one being “The Mile High Messiah.” For those of you who aren’t Broncos fans, Mile High is a reference to the Bronco’s stadium and that the city is over 5,280 ft above sea level.

Here is a list of the other nicknames mentioned:

1. The Mile-High Messiah — First suggested by Eric M., Kingsport, Tenn.; Dan L., Austin, Texas; and Andrew B., New York.

2. Tebench — Nick S., Rochester, N.Y.

3. Uno Cinco — Anthony F., Philadelphia.

4. Capt. Snipit — Jason G., Longwood, Fla.

5. The Big Tebowski — Josh C., Canastota, N.Y., and Tim C., San Diego.

6. Tebowlicious — Mary-Jane K., Madison, Ala.

7. Clipboard — Joe M., Navarre, Fla., and Capt. Clipboard — Jess C., Savannah, Ga.

8. The Unicorn — “Because only women and defensive ends of pure virtue will be able to touch him” — Steve R., Ottawa, Ontario.

9. Media Messiah — Ryan K., Chowan University (Murfreesboro, N.C.).

10. Timmmmaaaay — “South Park salute” — Sammy M., Beaumont, Texas; Daryn H., Stevens Point, Wis.; and Josh W., Asheville, N.C.

What do you think of the nicknames above? Do you think Tim Tebow should have a nickname or is “Tebow” good enough? What are some of your favorite nicknames… post a comment and let us know.

1,961 views

9 Responses to “The Mile High Messiah”

1. John says:

I’d stick with “Superman”…

2. abby m. says:

hottie is good enough for me! haha, but I do like the big tebowski and mile high messiah!

3. Dara says:

I stick with Superman too… Fits him perfect..

4. dah says:

Tebowner!

5. Han says:

Superman and all of his gator nicknames after all he still is a gator

6. 传奇私服 says:

I would die laughing if Tebow came out and said he fully supports gay rights like the new kids on the block are doing. I could just imagine the agape faces of our oppressors who praised Tebow as their new savior.

7. 传奇私服 says:

Hey yall, take a read of what fox sports said about Tebow.

Not very flattering. Tebow will NOT be starting any games until maybe next year at the earliest. Mile High Messiah?

Give me a break while I puke!!!!

The Golden Boy has to earn his place and all the “Tebow Mania” which is going on is going to pizz some defense players off real fast.

I wonder how much of that may come from the Broncos after the 5th game?

8. 传奇sf says:

The University of Miami will have ___ players picked in the 2ND Rd of 2010 NFL Draft. Fill in your answer.

A. 0
    B. 0
    C. 0
    D. 0
    E. 0

9. Hi there,Really nice job,There are many people searching about that now they will find enough sources by your tips,Also looking forward for more tips about that

Here on TebowZone you can watch many interesting sports matches. This week you can watch free Bayern München Real Madrid live stream as well as Barcelona Real Madrid live stream. We will also provide free streaming links for London 2012 live streaming and PSV Eindhoven AZ Alkmaar live stream. This streams are completely free so you can share them with your friends. Every week when Champions League is playing you can watch Champions League 2012 stream with our sponsored streaming.