I read an ESPN article this morning about Denver Broncos fans coming up with a new nickname for Tim Tebow. I think it’s something popular going around the Broncos mesage boards and in the sports columns of their newspapers. It’s a fun game fans get to play trying to come up with a nickname. In the ESPN article they highlighted several very good ones… one being “The Mile High Messiah.” For those of you who aren’t Broncos fans, Mile High is a reference to the Bronco’s stadium and that the city is over 5,280 ft above sea level.
Here is a list of the other nicknames mentioned:
1. The Mile-High Messiah — First suggested by Eric M., Kingsport, Tenn.; Dan L., Austin, Texas; and Andrew B., New York.
2. Tebench — Nick S., Rochester, N.Y.
3. Uno Cinco — Anthony F., Philadelphia.
4. Capt. Snipit — Jason G., Longwood, Fla.
5. The Big Tebowski — Josh C., Canastota, N.Y., and Tim C., San Diego.
6. Tebowlicious — Mary-Jane K., Madison, Ala.
7. Clipboard — Joe M., Navarre, Fla., and Capt. Clipboard — Jess C., Savannah, Ga.
8. The Unicorn — “Because only women and defensive ends of pure virtue will be able to touch him” — Steve R., Ottawa, Ontario.
9. Media Messiah — Ryan K., Chowan University (Murfreesboro, N.C.).
10. Timmmmaaaay — “South Park salute” — Sammy M., Beaumont, Texas; Daryn H., Stevens Point, Wis.; and Josh W., Asheville, N.C.
What do you think of the nicknames above? Do you think Tim Tebow should have a nickname or is “Tebow” good enough? What are some of your favorite nicknames… post a comment and let us know.